Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Family

Where would we be without family? Family has always been an important thing in everyone’s life, I assume.  They are the people who we think are always there for us whenever we need them.  They are always there for the ups and the downs in our life. We turn to family when we need them, whether it is for money, help, a ride, advice, shelter, or food. And no matter what we expect them to be there for us. Usually they are, and that’s a good thing. For example, whenever I need something at the store and I don’t have any money, my sister always has me covered. Or when my other sister needs help getting her car started, she knows I always have her back.
Sometimes I can’t stand them though. If I don’t agree with something that they have to say, then we get mad at each other. Or if my parents buy something for one of my sisters that they never bought for me, then I get mad too. But even though we get angry with each other for the moment, we can never stay mad at each other for too long. This is because we have a certain bond, one that you can only have with someone who you consider your family. So I guess you would be able to argue the fact that family can be anyone to you who makes you happy and who shares a special bond with you.
Our family members are also the people that make us who we are today, because they show us the rights and the wrongs, the good from the bad. And when we do something bad they make us learn from it so that we never make the mistake again. Usually when we grow up, it’s our family (our brothers, sisters, or cousins) who we consider to be our closest friends. As I was growing up, I was around my cousins, but as I got older, my parents decided to move, so I was mostly with my sisters and my parents. These are the people that helped make me who I am today. If I ever did anything wrong they confronted me about it and told me what the right thing to do was. Or even now, if I get myself into trouble, or if I have some problems, I know my sisters will always have my back and be there for me. This is why family will always be important to me.

3 comments:

  1. I would get jealous and mad too!, whenever i didn't get something and they got it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right that sometimes they can drive us crazy and sometimes they are our saviors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think it's a love hate thing with everyone when it comes to family

    ReplyDelete