Sunday, August 22, 2010

before<-- ^now^ -->then

I was born in Pasadena, California but raised in Oxnard most of my life. I use to live in north Hollywood for a few years where some of my family lived at, I also lived in Pasadena and after my parents got bored of those places we moved into Oxnard. I’ve been living here in Oxnard for about fourteen years now. I grew up wanting to be a fire fighter, like most little kids do. I think it was just all the lights on the fire trucks and the uniforms that the fire fighters wore that caught my attention. Another thing I wanted to be was a cop when I was small; I actually took it into consideration about two years ago when I was almost recruited into the marines. I had talked to a few marines about joining because I thought that I might want to be Military Police. I took the their assessment test and all but once they filled me in on all the info, I wasn’t all that interested like I thought I was going to be. Although I thought that I wanted to be a fire fighter or cop when I was growing up, I found myself to be interested in taking my broken toys and fixing them. Sometimes I would take the part of one toy and put it on a different toy just so it would work. I think this is why I took interest in cars. As I started learning more about cars I realized that working on cars might be a better career choice for me.


I am currently working on getting my AS at OC, and then I plan to transfer to a four year school. To do this I am just taking all my general classes, with some auto classes on the side. When I took an auto class this past semester I really enjoyed the fact that it’s not just books but it’s a hand on job as well. Plus we had the benefit of taking our own cars into the school shop to work on them if they had a problem, which worked out in the sense that we were learning and fixing our own problems. I even like working on my own car at home and friends cars when we find a problem. I also have a part time job at a fast food joint in order to get the cash I need for school as well as things that I might need as a mechanic.

In the next two years I hope to finish my general classes and transfer to a university where I can learn more about cars and major in mechanics. I’m not sure exactly what school yet, but I will look more into it in this next year. After I finish school I’ll try to get a job as a mechanic fixing cars in a dealership such as Nissan, Toyota, Honda, ect. Later, after a couple years of experience in school and hands on working in a dealership, I hope to be able to open up my own shop.

8 comments:

  1. Heres to seeing you running your own shop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heck yeah! Working on cars is the way to go. There is good money in it and cars always break down. Mine always does...maybe you could take a look at it! just kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not much of a car person myself, but it's great to see that youre on the path to creating a career for yourself that you can actually enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That’s awesome; I also enjoy working on cars. I own a 1993 Acura Integra. I’m doing a complete engine rebuild. Maybe I can come by and ask what you think about the new specs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Daniel,

    You will be in high demand with your car career!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Danny, hmmm i remember when you were about to leave to the marines! Scary times! well we both know your car smartness will make you very successful in mechanics one day, because if you can teach me how to change your intake then I'm sure you can do anything. (: I love you, see you in five mins(X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Danny. I took took some auto classes. I was more interested in the auto-body side of things because they teach you how to weld and things. I Hope you can get your shop going. Working at any dealership is a great way to make a lot of money.

    ReplyDelete
  8. keep working hard and you will be rewarded dude!

    ReplyDelete