Thursday, November 11, 2010

reading FFN

Reading the book Fast Food Nation put a lot more thoughts into my head about fast food. After reading over it I was shocked to read about all the different and nasty things that happen with the sanitation of the meat. I did not know that rats fall into the meat that I eat. I also did not know that when I eat a burger I have a high risk of becoming sick because of the way that the cattle are kept. Ever since I started reading the book I have also looked closer at all the advertising that the fast food restaurants have. And I noticed that things like that do get people addicted to it. For example, I find myself becoming too lazy to make a meal, or too impatient to wait for food to be cooked so when I see a commercial on McDonalds I jump up and get myself a burger. I think that every time I am in a fast food restaurant now I will start to think of all the different things that happen to the meat before it gets into the food that I order. Hopefully reading this book will now help me have a better reason to stay away from fast food places and just wait for home cooked meals to be made.

4 comments:

  1. I know what you mean, sometimes I get too lazy to cook as well, or im simply too busy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was very shocked to read about all of the disgusting things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am actually to lazy to bother getting up and going to the fast food restuarant. The kitchen is so much closer....

    ReplyDelete
  4. True, advertising does make us want to buy a burger, but now we are more open minded about what it takes for us to have that burger. Kibd of makes you think twice about eating it.

    ReplyDelete