Friday, September 3, 2010

reality TV

I know that there are some people out there that are all in love with reality TV. Unlike them I actually hate these types of shows. I don’t really have anything good to say about them. People have told me before, “Maybe if you just watch one show you’ll get into the show and you’ll be hooked!” (Actually my girlfriend said that).Well that was a pile nonsense. I mean I have tried watching them, don’t get me wrong, I just don’t know how people can find them interesting at all. You can tell right away that all the people on the show are just actors. They act too over dramatic and they only do it to be on TV, so even if they say “it’s not acting it’s the real thing”, they are still getting paid for it so I would still consider them actors.


I think the only reason people go on these shows in the first place is so that they can become famous, and these days’ people seem to be doing anything possible just for that one second of fame, or just for one person to remember their name. That’s kind of sad because they go as far as exposing themselves as idiots on TV just for the fame.

The only reason people tune into these shows is because they try to catch your attention by ending with a dramatic scene. They try to come up with new ways to drag the viewers into watching it all the time. This is why I would rather spend my time doing something else. It might sound mean but these shows are mostly for people who have nothing better to do but sit on their couches and watch the lives of others. I guess this is why I would rather just avoid watching any reality shows over all.

As for how these shows influence our society, I have to say it’s not a good influence. Since these shows are filled with fake people, they just influence the viewers to be the same. They make guys and girls act like someone who they’re not. They may even be acting like someone that deep inside they hate. The only reason they act this way is because thanks to the shows, guys and girls think that this is the only way they can fit in with the rest of the world. The worst part is that not only do these shows influence older guys and girls, but they mostly influence young teenagers. This means that at a very young age kids find an excuse to act like someone their not. Another reason why it is a bad influence is because they make it easier for people in our society to turn into lazy people. They do this in the way that if someone watches a show and gets too addicted to it, then they have just found an excuse to sit on the couch all day and tune into the shows. Sadly however, these shows will keep being produced until people can find something better to do with their lives.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Daniel, I definitely agree with you. I think that it's so sad how they're so desperate to become famous that they would do basically anything just for that title.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's the reality of it all - people will just about do anything and everything that would bring in the big bucks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is true people who are in tv shows are in it for the fame, we would all be in it for the fame. We can't believe everything we see or hear on tv nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don’t like these type of shows, either. I don't like watching them, because they have not only bad affects on people, but they are degrading our society and kids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to watch shows like that, I'm glad I saw the light!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with you people in these shows are just trying to get their name out there

    ReplyDelete